- ½ cup almonds, soaked
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ head celery, including leaves (or add 1 pepper and a bunch of herbs)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, ground
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup golden flax, ground
Pulse the almonds, sunflower seeds and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor. Add the lime juice, celery stalks (roughly chopped first), ground cumin seeds, cayenne and sea salt. Then add the ground flax, using as much of the tomato soak water as needed to mix. You may need to add some more water too. Finally mix in the celery leaves (or parsley if no leaves). You can either do this in the food processor, or by hand. If by hand then you will need to chop the leaves first. Divide the mixture roughly into 2 and spread on dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for about 5 hours, then flip, cut into pieces, and dehydrate until totally dry.
Makes 2 trays in a deyhdrator.