I adapted this delicious recipe from LovefoodLaughter on www.goneraw.com. The taste and fragrance of the rosemary is fabulous! LovefoodLaughter says it makes 1 dehydrator sheet of thick bread or 2 dehydrator sheets of thin crackers – I opted for the thin crackers and used it to make pizza slices today.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 3 cups grated carrot (or you could use carrot pulp from juicing)
- 1 cup grated celery (or pulp from juicing – LfL used a combo of beet and celery)
- A handful of pitted olives (LfL used 25 – I think I had about 12 in the fridge)
- 3 stems rosemary (LfL says up to a cup)
- 1 red pepper (LfL uses green but I’ve read that they’re not ripe)
1. Soak pumpkin seeds for 6 hours. Rinse and add to food processor with red pepper, pitted olives, rosemary and grated vegetables. (If you’re using vegetable pulp you may need to add some filtered water to make a spreadable paste.) When the mixture is smooth from processing, spread onto one or two dehydrator sheets (depending on whether you’re making bread or crackers). Dehydrate for 24 hours, turning over once.