(makes about 24)
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 big pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Up to 0.25 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maca
In a food processor:
1) Process coconut and almonds to crumbs. Set aside.
2) Then process dates, vanilla, salt, honey and water to a paste
3) Add maca and process again
4) Add coconut and almond crumbs and process until mixed.
5) As you spoon out macaroon portions, make into balls in your hands (wet your hands if the mixture is too sticky)
6) Spread the balls out onto a wire dehydrator tray and press down with a fork to make cookies
7) Dehydrate for a couple of hours until firm on the outside and chewy within.
1) I may have made these a bit sweet. Did I need honey and dates? Reduce maybe, they’re quite rich (which is no bad thing)
2) This mixture would make a lovely filling for dipped chocolates!