I love my Vitamix – it offers so many ways to make delicious and nutritious meals in minutes. This morning I used it to make delicious green smoothies for breakfast and for lunch we’ve just enjoyed this quick and fabulous soup:
- 1 cm sliced ginger
- 0.5 red chilli
- 1 small red onion (quartered)
- 1 clove sliced garlic
- 2 roughly chopped carrots
- 2 roughly chopped parsnips
- 4 roughly chopped celery stalks (preferably with leaves attached)
- a good sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- 0.5 bag green leaves (left over)
- 1 cup filtered and boiled water (helps make it warm).
Simply put everything in the Vitamix and blend until smooth. Serve in warm bowls with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
We ate ours with gluten free crackers (not raw) and followed up with raw chocolate and raw carrot-cinnamon cookies.
What could be better?