These delicious raw bars are based on a recipe in Gena Hamshaw’s excellent raw cookbook, Choosing Raw (available on Amazon). I am planning to work my way through many of the delicious recipes in her book.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried fruit of your choice – I had goji berries and dates to hand)
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of your choice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Line a 9 inch square baking dish with foil. Add dry ingredients to a food processor. Whisk together the nut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Pour over the mixture, and process briefly until mixed well. Press the mixture into the lined baking dish. Cover with another layer of foil or plastic wrap, press well into the baking dish and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into bar shapes, wrap, and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Alternatively, leave the block whole (as in the picture above) and keep in the freezer. Cut into shapes as needed.
They ought to keep for 2 weeks (if they last that long).