Vegan Corn Bread
- 2 cups organic cornmeal (non-GMO)
- 1 cup organic spelt or gram flour (or all purpose wheat flower if you’re not avoiding it)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 cups rice /almond milk
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar (or fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) in a medium-sized bowl and wisk together. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients together (cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt) in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to the non-dairy milk mixture and wisk until foamy and bubbly.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (The batter will be somewhat thick).
- Use a spoon or spatula to transfer the batter into a 9 inch round non stick cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for approximately 30 minutes.