Sweet Potato Rosti
This recipe is adapted from this excellent Australian book: The Paleo Cafe Lifestyle and Cookbook. The link is for amazon.co.uk and is only available in the UK on Kindle. I received a copy of the book from a friend.
Rosti ingredients (makes 4)
- 2 cups sweet potato, grated
- 2.5 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil) melted
- 1 heaped tsp Cajun spice (or 2 sprigs of thyme or other herbs as preferred)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated sweet potato.
- Melt the ghee in a small frying pan (which you will use for the bacon and eggs).
- Add sweet potato, Cajun spice, salt & pepper, and ghee to a mixing bowl. Combine well (with a spoon or your hands).
- Divide into 4 (e.g. with a half cup measure or your hands) and place onto the baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
Crispy bacon & fried egg(s)
- While the rosti is cooking . . . In the frying pan you used to melt the ghee, fry 2 rashers of bacon per person on both sides until crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, when the bacon is done, add one or two eggs and fry
- Add 2 rosti and 2 rashers of bacon and 1 or 2 eggs per person.
- Serve warm and enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch or whenever.