- 1//3 cup coconut oil, needs to be soft not melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 organic apple, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or dried cherries or raisins or nuts and raisins or dried apricots or whatever you like really
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (170 degrees if fan forced)
- Oil a baking sheet with a little coconut oil
- Using a hand held mixer or a whisk, cream the coconut oil, honey/maple syrup and the vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and grated apple. Fold until well combined.
- Add the cassava flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or other flavouring.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or a spoon to place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet (which has been lightly oiled with coconut oil) and flatten a little with a spoon.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Makes 9 large or an assortment of smaller cookies.